ES 100 K – 1.2162
Low alloyed case hardening steel
Standard case hardening steel, easily machinable, good polishability, suitable for cold hobbing, high surface hardness with high core toughness can be achieved with appropriate heat treatment
- 21 MnCr 5
- As-supplied condition: BG-annealed to max. 210 HB (approx 710 N/mm²)
- General fields of application: Tools for plastic processing (thermoplastic and thermosetting), pinions, gear wheels, gear racks, shafts etc.
- Case hardening in powder: 870 - 900 °C
- Case hardening in salt bath: 900 - 930 °C
- Intermediate annealing temperature: 630 - 650 °C
Configure & Buy
We stock rolled or forged material in production lengths of 3 to 4 meters. Generally available in peeled or machined condition.
Dimensions & options
We supply rolled or forged flat material as bars, sheets or blocks.
Some steel grades are also available with a pre-milled surface.